Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weekend checklist

This weekend and the next two are all about checking things off my mental to-do list so that we can have as much done as possible before the baby arrives.  So this weekend we were able to......

1.  Get 75% of the nursery done.  We're not changing much in there, but I needed to get all the baby clothes washed, put into drawers, hung in the closet, and organized.  I got almost all that done.  I still need to make sure the swaddle blankets are ready, the diapers and wipes are organized, the upper shelves of the closets are clean, and the painting that says Spencer is taken down and one for the new baby is put into place.  I'm happy with the progress we have made so far, and I don't think it'll take much more work in there.

2.  Put fertilizer and compost into the front garden bed and the vegetable garden bed.  It rained a lot today, so I'm glad we were able to get that done prior to the rain.  I also was able to get a ton of old leaves raked up in the backyard that fell after our last fall raking.  It was a lot of work going up and down our hill with the wheelbarrow and Spencer "helping" push, but it looks a lot better and it was worth it.

3.  Go on a date!!!  Sat night B and I went to see The Hunger Games finally and then went to dinner afterwards.  We both liked the movie (I've read it, he hasn't) and enjoyed our last dinner out for awhile too!! 

4.  Make cupcakes for one of my co-worker's birthday.  They're lemon blueberry with a lemon curd marscapone frosting.  Yes, they are as delicious as they sound.  I really hope she likes them!!

5.  Typical weekend stuff- church, dinner menu, grocery store, laundry, cleaning the kitchen multiple times, etc. 

6.  Got my car detailed.  I had a groupon for it, and my car looks amazing now.  Soooo much cleaner and the dirty, yucky smell that has acquired over the past 9 years is gone.  I'm really happy with how it turned out. 

Now I am sitting on the couch with B, watching the Amazing Race, and finally off my feet.  It is wonderful to be sitting down at the end of a task oriented weekend.  I have more to get done during the weeknights and more next weekend, but, for now, I'm just going to be happy with all that I got done over the last two days. 

What was the most productive part of your weekend??? 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you on date night! We need one. Most productive part of my weekend was registering mini#1 for a week long (half day) runner's camp and mini#2 for a week of half day soccer camp in June.

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......