B and I celebrated our fourth anniversary in August. It was relatively uneventful this year as I had just gone back to work, he had to go out of town for a conference, and our heads were spinning in all kinds of directions. We had a good dinner at home with a glass of wine and called it good :)
Next year will be our 5 year anniversary (and 9.5 years of dating!), so we would like to do a trip away. The boys will be 1&3, so we feel comfortable leaving them with my mom and Ralph for a long weekend, but we aren't ready to go somewhere for a week or two.
Here are a few criteria we have:
1. Our time constraint is 4-5 days.
2. We would like to stay continental- US, Canada, a relatively close island would all be fine. We do not want to have jet lag since we will be gone a relatively short time.
3. Since we won't have the boys, we don't need a family friendly place. We would prefer somewhere that has fun daytime activities/lots to explore and has amazing restaurants. We don't necessarily need a huge nightlife scene, but we would probably take advantage if there was one.
4. We don't want to be on more than 2 flights. Living in GR, you can't really get anywhere without transferring at a major hub, but we don't want 3 flights either.
5. Our anniversary is in August, but we would be willing to go anytime August through October. August is beautiful in Michigan and we tend to have lots of plans that month, so travel in the early fall would be totally fine with us!
A few places we have thought about so far:
Boston, Seattle, Vancouver, Charleston, New Orleans, New York City (I've never been and B was last there when he was 18), Montreal, or Napa. We haven't really explored the idea of a tropical resort getaway as we've really been thinking more big city exploration, but we'd be open to pretty much anything.
We don't want to go anywhere in CA unless it's Napa, we don't want to go to FL, Chicago is out, and we'd like to get out of the midwest.
So.......lay it on me. Where should we go (currently we are dreaming so price doesn't matter at all. We also have enough Hilton points to stay pretty much anywhere for free so that helps a bunch!!), why should we go there, and what are your top three must do/see while we are there? I am all ears!!!
Staying with Baby in Lovely Lymington, UK
3 hours ago