MCW stole this from Blair's Headband and I'm stealing it from her. Enjoy, comment, steal it from me, and have a great weekend!!
1. The Basics
Who are you: AEOT
Where do you blog: Up North Preppy
How did you pick your blog’s name: I'm from the great north, and I firmly believe in all things preppy, colorful, and happy.
2. Location, location, location
Where did you grow up: The "thumb" of Michigan. Tiny town of about 2000 people. We got our second stoplight when I was in college!
Where do you live now: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Where would you live anywhere in the world: Petoskey/Harbor Springs, Michigan (which is where we would retire) (Can you tell I love my state?)(I would gladly take the month of March and move to a warm location though!!)
3. Let’s talk beauty - what is your favorite or signature:
Lipstick: Moxie by Bare Escentuals
Mascara: L'oreal Telescopic (in the gold tube)
Perfume: Eternity by Calvin Klein. My mom wears the same scent.
4. Yummies - what is your favorite:
Cocktail: Vodka soda with two limes or anything fun that contains cucumber. So refreshing!
Dessert: This is impossible to answer. I love so many! Cookies, ice cream, chocolate, brownies- yum. I don't eat store bought desserts much, if at all. Homemade is the way to go!
Pizza Topping(s): Pepperoni, green pepper and onion
5. I always have these three things in my refrigerator:
Un: Water in the britta
Deux: Mustard (at least 4 or 5 different kinds)
6. Get artsy - what is your favorite:
Movie: The Sound of Music
Book: Time Travelers Wife, Memory Keepers Daughter, The Book Thief, Divergent
TV Show: Amazing Race, Top Chef, Law and Order: SVU
7. Kid stuffs - three questions about your youth:
What did you want to be when you grew up? Pediatrician
Who was your favorite teacher and why? Miss Ackerman- high school English. She was a wonderful teacher and really drew you in to the books you read in her class. I swear I can probably still take her tests on Tale of Two Cities and Scarlett Letter- they are completely ingrained in my head.
What was your worst sickness/surgery/hospital visit as a kid? I broke my leg in 6th grade. That's about it!
8. The Pretty Things - what is your:
Favorite color: Navy blue
Favorite flower: Tulips
Favorite artist (painter, photographer, etc.): Hramiec Hoffman
9. Shop ‘Til You Drop
What’s one thing you buy the most often: clothes for the boys
Do you prefer to shop online or in-store? For the boys- online, for myself- in the store. I have to try stuff on to know it's going to fit well and I have little time to get to UPS to ship stuff back if it doesn't fit
Imagine you open your own store - A children's clothing boutique that has HALF boy stuff. None of this 75/25 stuff that every store in America gets away with!!
10. Be a Hater: what are three things you would like to go away?
Ein: The constant rain/lousy weather we've had this spring
Zwei: Floral jeans- really???
Drei: Cystic Fibrosis (it would put me out of a job but I would gladly take that in order to cure all my patients!!)
11. The Final Three (x Three)
I hand you a genie - what are your three wishes?
1. Owning a cottage in Bay View
2. Time to work out 4-5 days a week
3. A 5 day Masters pass for B and I and lots and lots of fabulous outfits to go along with it. OR a weeklong trip away with B to somewhere where I can wear gorgeous sundresses and lie on a beach---ahhhhhh.
List 3 things you can see out of your window right now.
2. Cars on the expressway
3. Large porches on the homes in the neighborhood
Who are three people, living or dead, you would invite over for dinner?
1. Gail Simmons (of Top Chef and Food & Wine Magazine fame)
2. Jennifer Garner- seriously, I could so be BFFs with her and our kids could play in the playroom while we enjoy a glass of champagne in the kitchen
3. Pretty much any golfer on the PGA tour......Luke, Ian, Rory, Phil (only if he brings Amy), el Tigre, Oosty, Freddy, Adam, Zach, Kuch, or the "Golf Boys" (aka Hunter, Rickie, Bubba (and his darling, darling baby Caleb), and Ben) (have you seen their video?? Go here . I would pretty much be a perfect wife if this ever happened!!
Play along and let me know that you do so that I can read your story!!
1 day ago