Sunday, March 21, 2010

Feeling (slightly) better

Ladies, I must thank you for all your kind and supportive comments from my last post.  It wasn't the easiest to write as I had no idea what to expect in response when I put it out there.  All of you were so nice in expressing your thoughts, and I really appreciated all of you telling me how you did during labor.   We need to make some decisions now and hearing all your thoughts has helped me to realize that one way or the other, I can do this and the prize at the end is totally worth it. 

In other news, we had a great weekend here.  Friday night we went to a friend's house for dinner and another college friend came over with her two kids as well.  There were 5 adults and 4 (and 1/2) kids there and we had a great time catching up.  Saturday B ran in a 5K and finished in 24:22.  That is BY FAR his fastest time ever.  I'm so proud of him.  There is a 25K on my due date (cuz who really delivers on their due date?) that he's going to sign up for (it's about 15.5 miles) and he's, hopefully, going to do that at sub-10 minute miles as well.  I have a feeling he'll do it around 9:30s.  He's come so far in his running, and I love that he's found such joy and structure in it.  We spent the rest of the day cleaning around the house and then had 4 other couples over for our "supper club" dinner.  The theme this time was Irish Fest.  We hosted, so we were in charge of the main dish.  We ended up making the Shephard's Pie from Gourmet and it was soooo delish.  Everyone loved it.  Actually, all of the dishes were good.  We all had a great time eating, drinking, and watching basketball.  Quite a few people did Irish Car Bombs- ugggg.  I wouldn't do them even if I wasn't preggers.  They do not appeal to me at all. 

This a.m we went to church and then my brother and his girlfriend came down.  There here now with their darling pup, Bella.  We went to lunch and have just been hanging out since.  I'm going in the kitchen next to start dinner (Lemon Chicken with pasta and asparagus).  It's so nice to see them.  They brought Pud some darling gifts.  So sweet!  I can't wait til it's here and can use them!

Also, I had an apt with the midwife on Friday and it went really well.  They baby is still measuring two weeks ahead, consistent with where it has been.  We were able to feel where the head, back and feet were.  It's actually head down already!  My weight is good (thank goodness for that!!) and the heartbeat is great.  Really, it's just a downright healthy, growing baby.  Two weeks until our next apt.  At this time we're 33 weeks along, so I just have to imagine that we're pretty much good to go now!  Yea!!

So, that was our weekend - fun (with lots of basketball- Go DUKE!!).  Hopefully you all had a great weekend as well.  I can't wait to read tomorrow morning and catch up with you all.  And, honestly, I really, really do appreciate all of your kind words from my freak out post!!!  Mwah! 

7 comments:

  1. Glad you're doing better! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed your last post to comment on but thought I would throw in my 2 cents. As someone who just had a baby 5 weeks ago it is still really fresh in my mind. I labored for 7 hours before I got an epidural and honestly... it was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I cant imagine doing it without an epi and I have a high pain tolerance. The epidural was wonderful and I was still able to push. I only pushed for 30 minutes and had a precious baby in my arms.

    I give you lots of credit for wanting to do it naturally. Go for it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MD choked. Glad there is still an ACC team to represent...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi honey! So glad you're feeling a little better. I wish I had some awesome labor advice for you, but I know you'll do great!

    YAY and congrats to hubby on his race time! Also, Irish Car Bombs = gross, I agree.

    Glad your pregnancy is right on track - you're doing so beautifully! I'm here for you and will be rooting you on all the way! Baby Puddin will be here soon~ XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are feeling better! Super congratulations to the hubby, I know for me it's been so fun to watch myself become a better runner as the weeks go by....

    And I have a wonderful surprise for you! You won my giveaway, the full details are on today's blog post, but you get $10 to use at the MDCardsandGifts etsy store. Also, keep in mind, that Maggie can create custom cards for you, even if they're not something listed in the store. I think Maggie might have sent you an email last week about natural childbirth.... so ya'll have had sort of an introduction!

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......