As all of you, I'm incredibly thankful for my family, my friends, the roof over my head, the God I entrust my life to and the health of those I love. I cannot express my gratitude enough in just a few simple sentences.
I do have other, silly little things that I am so thankful for that definitely make my life just a tiny bit better by them being present. So, since I'll never be able to do the first paragraph justice, I'm going to share my little things here today.
1. Maternity pants. I can't believe I'm already in them (and was at 15 weeks with this baby), but thank goodness they exist. Regular pants don't even come close to covering this belly unless I'm wearing a bella band over top. Buttons are just laughing at me, and belts are a thing of the past.
2. The Miami Men's Glee Club. B sang with them in college, and because of that time, he came out with truly amazing friends (some of our best) and, lucky for me, some truly awesome wives and girlfriends. He was also in a fraternity, and, while he would rave equally about that experience for him, it's the Glee Club friendships that have lived on so strongly for both of us. I also am slightly (okay, really) obsessed with the recordings we have of them and listen to the cds a lot in the car. I need them to put another one out for a little variety :)
3. Warm blankets. At night when we are winding down from our day, there is nothing like sitting on the couch snuggled up under blankets watching tv, browsing the computer, etc. I tend to get cold a lot easier than B does, so it's nice to be able to keep the house set to where he likes it and just throw a blankets over top of me.
4. Our kitchen island. Our kitchen definitely needs an update in decor, but the layout was very well designed. My favorite part of the kitchen is definitely the island. It's generous in size and can allow both B and I to work comfortably around it without ever having to worry about space. This is really important this time of year when we are entertaining, baking cookies, or just making fancy dinners for ourselves at home.
5. The public library. I love to read, and if I had to purchase all the books I read, I'd be broke. Plus, I would hate spending money on a book I know I'll never read again (I'm a definite re-reader). To me, I really couldn't make it without the library existing. I get 95% of my books from the library and, even if I have to sit on a waiting list, the cost savings is immense.
6. Working with children daily. I've done it now for 12 years as a nurse/nurse practitioner, and for years before that every summer in BV at club. I love the joy they bring to my life. I love the hugs I get from the little ones. I love that I can make a difference (even if it's only for one minute of one day) in their lives.
7. Stain stick. Now that SYT is in the toddler room at daycare, he comes home FILTHY every single day. Paint, food, whatever it is, it's gross. I can't do laundry nightly, so being able to put stain stick on his clothes and then wash it two or three days later, really is helpful!!
8. My bed. Because at the end of a long day, there is nothing like it!!!
What's your favorite silly, little thing that you're thankful for? I'd love to know!!