Thursday, June 28, 2012
Maternity leave has been so busy! Yowzers. So much for lying on the couch, watching tv, reading books, and talking to internet friends ;) As you can tell, I've totally been neglecting the blog, not out of lack of wanting, but out of lack of time.
A few updates for you:
1. B's brother and two of his kids (7 year old twins) have been here with us this week. It's fun seeing the kids play together and it's amazing how independent play really changes how you parent. I am excited for Spencer to gain that skill!!
2. Peter started social smiling around 5 1/2 weeks. That and the cooing he does totally make my heart melt!
3. Trying to pack and get the house organized for vacation when you have people staying with you is not easy. I'm really stressed about getting everything done and being able to leave on time. Luckily time is relative b/c we're driving and not flying.
4. I just received my Aden and Anais bamboo swaddle blankets in the mail. They're amazingly soft and so lightweight- perfect for summer. I do love the A&A regular swaddles, but the bamboo ones are even better, in my opinion. Natural Little One has the best prices by FAR on all the A&A stuff (good information for those of you expecting or going to baby showers!!)
5. Currently reading 50 Shades of Gray. I'm ambivelent on this. I definitely am interested in finding out what happened to Christian in the past and I like Ana to some extent, but it's just so........well, different and not very realistic (to me anyway- who knows, maybe this is normal for others). I about DIED reading the contract. My FB post stated, "I wonder if law schools across America will be using 50 Shades for their contract law classes". I'm sure I'll read books two and three (unless all of you leave me comments saying not to bother).
6. Just finished book 4 of Game of Thrones. I did NOT like the fact that the characters are split between book 4 and 5 and I also felt that there was very little character resolution in book 4 (since those characters won't be in book 5). My sister in law thinks that there definitely should be a book 6 as even at the end of 5 there is a lot of open questions. I do like the series, though, and am hoping to watch them eventually on DVD as we don't have HBO.
7. We leave on Saturday for vacation!!! We're going up north for the 4th. Cannot WAIT! B is going up for one week and the boys and I are staying for two. We'll then come home for a week and go back up for another week before I have to go back to work in August. Three weeks in my favorite spot with my friends and my mom to help- yes, please!!! So thankful for this!
8. I got the all clear at my OB apt to start working out again. I've done Jillian twice and have been doing push ups, lunges, squats, etc whenever I can get them in (ie- during naps, while Spencer is playing in the yard, etc). I'm excited for vacation so that we can get in daily work outs. I'm definitely taking the Shred with me and am hoping to run once or twice with B while my mom and Ralph watch the boys. He runs a lot longer and faster than I do, but I'm hoping he'll help me motivate once or twice :)
9. I love Pinterest. It's just so easy to browse while nursing!!