1. I'm alive and surviving!
2. We've had a non-stop steady set of visitors since Peter was born leaving little time to do much besides parent, nurse, clean, and cook. After those are done, thank you notes are my first priority. Blogging has pretty much fell by the wayside, even though I regularly think about posting!
3. I've been up since 4:57 this a.m., and the boys are still sleeping at 6:30, hence the post.
4. We leave in a week and a half to go up north for the 4th of July week. I am SO excited. B and I are hosting a party at my mom's one night, so I'm trying to plan for that. Just started working on the menu yesterday. I feel behind the game already. Worst thing is that I had to send a FB invitation rather than real invites becauseI just didn't have time to order them and get them in the mail. Not pretty or festive :( Hopefully the food, drink, and atmosphere of the night will make up for it.
5. It's HOT here in Michigan this week. Today will be our 3rd day in the 90s. As someone who loves living in a northern state, this is wayyyyy to hot for June! What's even more of a bummer is that on days that are this hot, we can't go to the pool because poor Peter would just melt. I bought a wonderful shade tent for him, so I usually take Spencer and Peter during one of Peter's naptimes, and then SYT and I play in the pool while PUT naps in the tent. It has worked out really well so far. But when it's 90+ degrees outside, I cannot imagine him just sweltering away (we've had no wind, so, therefore, no ventilation into the tent). It's supposed to cool down tomorrow and be back to a relatively normal heat for the rest of the week- here's to hoping!
6. SYT's newest "thing" is to want to clink glasses and say "Cheers!" during dinnertime. It's so funny! Apparently I have a future social chair on my hands!!
7. Peter is starting to coo and smile. It's heart melting!
8. 6 weeks out and my pants are still too tight in the waist. Ugggg.... I can now start to work out though, so hopefully that will help. My thighs need some serious toning as well! I'll find out next Monday where my weight is, and I'm VERY interested in that.
9. Peter had two tests on his kidneys on Monday. We were at the hospital for 3.5 hours which made for a long day. We have our apt with the nephrologist to go over all the results next Wed. I'm interested to see what she says. I know some of the results already but not really what it all means, so I'll just fill everyone in next week.
10. I was able to see a bunch of coworkers when I was at the hospital. It was wonderful to say hi and catch up a bit. I miss work but I am not ready to go back :)
11. B got a promotion and a raise a few weeks ago! I am SO proud of him and the work he has done at this company, and I am so glad they love him!
12. My current favorite summer songs are Call Me, Maybe (does anyone not love this? It's so fun!) and Somebody that I Used to Know. B hate, hate, hates this one- he thinks it belongs back in the 80s. I think that's what it's so popular (hello, neon skinny jeans!).
Okay, boys are up! Have a great Wednesday!!
Saturday Shopping 10/21/2017
22 hours ago