Monday, January 7, 2013

Our Christmas card pictures

We sent out two different Christmas cards this year (and, if I am being honest, there are still 4 more to address on my kitchen counter). We used the picture above and the picture below. I couldn't decide which I liked better, so I sent both. One Saturday we just put the boys in the outfits, stripped our bed except the bottom sheet, and plugged in a bunch of Christmas lights. Cute enough!
You know how much I love my husband? His first question once I put the boys in their outfits are "wouldn't these look really cute monogrammed?". Yep, he's a keeper!
 
I probably should have gotten them monogrammed, but it didn't happen. November and December just flew by this year. Not only was life busy with Christmas baking, presents, parties, etc, work was absolutely nuts which did not help decrease my stress level at all. I just looked and realized I didn't blog ONCE in December. Yowzers.
 
Here is my sweet chunky baby boy! He is getting sooo big!
 
It's amazing how much more stressful this Christmas was compared to previous. I just felt unorganized, overly busy, and off. We didn't even get to drive around and look at lights. Boo. I was happy that I was able to do lots of baking for 8 of the teachers at daycare and all the couples we attended a Christmas party with. Baking is truly my love language!! I just wish that it was standard to only work 4 day workweeks during December and from Memorial Day to Labor Day. It would really help my social schedule :) Certainly, I was able to get everything done (except those dang Christmas cards....) but we didn't do a lot of extras. Luckily the boys still don't know that we "missed" doing something! Spencer just knew that when we plugged in the lights on the tree when we got home that he was in charge of saying "Ta Da, it's Christmas!". He did that the first time we plugged them in and it immediately became a nighttime ritual. He definitely loved having all the decorations up!
 
Looking back, I'm not sure if I could have done much differently in order to eliminate stress or create more time this holiday season. It just is what it is. I think next year may be a bit better as the boys will be better at independent play next year which will help. I also know that two years ago we did a lot of decorations the week prior to Thanksgiving, and I will definitely do that again next year!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I need to know......