There are a lot of things to love about being pregnant (feeling the baby kick, decorating the nursery, knowing that there is a real live baby coming in May, etc); however there are a few things about being pregnant that are not fun/cool/easy to deal with. Today I'm going to share a few of these with you (because I just need to have a little teeny vent!)
- Reflux. With all the pressure on my stomach, if I eat a big meal, I taste it for awhile afterwards. It's really quite gross. It's not even really heartburn, just regurg. I'm sure this is way TMI. Sorry!
- Maternity tights. Either they're ridiculously expensive, too thin (ie- nylons instead of tights), run too easily, or just too uncomfortable. I've been getting away with a size larger in regular tights for a long time now, but it's really time to make the switch for good. I've tried the motherhood brand, the assets brand, and Spanx. Not loving any of them.......big bummer b/c I love wearing maternity dresses- they actually are quite cute and comfy.
- Charley horses in the middle of the night. These are not something I knew about prior to being pregnant, and boy do they hurt!!! I can go from dead to the world asleep to screaming loud enough to wake up B and Junie in seconds. For some reason it happens the most during the 4 a.m. hour. Weird.
- Work out clothes. Maternity workout outfits are quite expensive (though I did just find a few great deals at Old Navy). B looked forever before Christmas for an outfit for me and the boutiques in Chicago had yoga pants that started at $90 and tops that started at $50. Ummmmm.....that's $140 for ONE outfit. Yesterday I had to leave the gym early b/c my pants were so tight in the waist that I couldn't take a deep breath without completely squishing puddin. It was the most uncomfortable feeling. I was able to order two pair of maternity workout pants from ON last night (on sale even!), so hopefully they will fit well enough to get me through the next 11ish weeks. Also, you should see me when I try to get away with wearing a non-maternity tee or tank. They're super tight and b/c of that become super short. It's seriously comical. It may be time to start stealing a few shirts from B's drawer to give me a bit more room and length!
- Emotional control. As previously mentioned, there is none. This means crying at commercials, crying over stupid small annoyances, or just plain crying. I'm not an unemotional person, and I did cry prior to being pregnant; however, this is ridiculous.
To be fair, I've had a really easy, healthy pregnancy (besides the low iron which is working it's way back up) and I really shouldn't be complaining. I do realize how lucky I am and am thankful every day for this. I have seen so many sick babies/preemies that I realize B and I are truly blessed with puddin. There are just a few things that I didn't know/realize/hear about prior to being pregnant that have thrown me for a loop!! Thanks for listening :)
6 hours ago