Monday, January 24, 2011

8 months old

My little guy turned 8 months old on the 15th.  He is doing great, and B and I still can't believe how lucky we are.  He is crawling everywhere and pulling himself to stand on all the furniture and his new toy he got for Christmas.  He has even let go of the furniture and the toy to try to get something else.  He immediately falls (no real balance yet), but it's impressive to see him try.  He does cry sometimes when he falls, but gets over it pretty quickly.

  He is a great eater and is starting to prefer finger foods to baby foods.  No teeth yet, but that doesn't stop him from eating crackers, pasta, cooked carrots, green beans, peas, chicken, etc. 

He is chatting up a storm.  Lots of "da"s and even some "momomomom"s.  He is really fun when he babbles and looks at you like he's really trying to carry on a conversation.  So far nothing has a name, just blabber talk.

I'm coming to get you, Dad!!



I'm so sassy standing up at the chair!


He was 21lbs 7 oz at his last drs apt (for his ear infection), but that was with clothes on.  My guess is he's closer to the high 20s.  Huge for 8 months!!!  He is currently on his second round of antibiotics for this ear infection, though he had another fever at daycare today, so B brought him home and I'm going to stay home tomorrow and go back to the pediatrician.  Poor buddy- he just doesn't look good right now.  I do have to say, he doesn't get too crabby when he's sick, so I'm definitely counting my blessings in that regard.  I definitely wish that daycare was less germy :)  Alas.......

So, those are SYT's updates.  I'll be home with my buddy all day tomorrow, and, while I'm sad he's not feeling well, I am excited to get an extra day with him. 


9 comments:

  1. Oh look at how adorable and big he's looking! So handsome! You should be one proud mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen a lot of babaies and I can honestly say, your son is one gorgeous wee fellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spencer-Bear- so presh! hugs to both of you today.

    xoox

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get over him. Love his hair! He has sooo much of it!
    Have a fun day "off"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is a doll!!! Love those blue eyes :) Hope he's feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't get over those big, deep blue eyes and auburn hair. And the angel face. Such a little stud. Hope he's feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see kidds all day long everyday, and your son is BY FAR one of the cutest little boys I've ever seen! Those eyes and that hair! Ahh! He's like a little man, and he's too too cute! I hope he feels better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's such a handsome guy! I am LOVING the anchor PJs. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really do not believe it is possible for him to be any cuter, he is just too darling. You could go swimming in those eyes!

    And the nautically inclined jammies take the cake...!
    tp

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......