Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer is HERE!!


This LONG weekend was just lovely.  Friday night we stayed in and made a good dinner at home.  Saturday we both did outdoor runs (he did 7, I did 4.5), ran a bunch of errands, cleaned and did laundray.  Sunday we went to church in the morning (I sang with B and the choir this week), and when we got home N&K (B's brother and sister in law) were here with their new baby, Leah.  They came up to visit as K is still on maternity leave, and they needed to get out of town for awhile. 

After they arrived on Sunday we went over to our newest neighbors' house to hang with them and their families and friends for awhile.  They were supposed to have an outdoor bbq, but unfortunately it started thunderstorming just minutes before their party.  So we hung out inside instead and had a ball.  The bbq'd smoked pork was the BEST I've had, EVER.  So, so, so good.  We've already hit them up for the recipe as B and I have a stovetop smoker and love to use it!  We came home after a few hours and B&J came over for dinner.  We had beef tenderloin, grilled corn, grilled new potatoes, and broccoli.  I also made a angel food cake with lemon curd and strawberry sauce.  It was nice to just sit around and chat with everyone!! 

Monday morning the boys went golfing so K& I took care of the babies, went on a walk, and ran an errand.  We all had lunch together and then were outside the rest of the afternoon.  The weather was FINALLY nice, so we were able to plant the rest of the flowers, blow up SYT's little pool, put together his water table, and then just sit around on the deck and hold the babes.  I adore K (B's sister in law), and it is always so amazing to have her around.  We are similar in a lot of ways and get along so well.  It's lovely!!

We went out for dinner Sunday night and, since it was 90 degrees here, I was able to "go out with" Lilly and Jack.  Yep, ladies, it's officially summer!!  That probably means I need to PUT MY SWEATERS AWAY!!  Ugg.....I hate switching clothes for the season.  It just reminds me that I really need to purge some stuff and also reminds me that I really have very little clothing options right now.

Because I can't go a few weeks without sharing news about the little guy......here are a few pics from Monday.  You can see all four of his teeth in these pics.
Happy, happy babe!

Constant drool, constant hand in the mouth.....I think a 5th tooth is coming soon!!

So interested in grass, leaves, flowers, trees.  He loves being outside. 

Combing his hair (backwards).  He always takes the comb from me and tries to do it himself.  Too cute!

I hope you all had lovely weekends as well.  Here's to a super short work week and hopefully a great summer to come!!

2 comments:

  1. the romper just melts my heart :)

    xoox

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is just precious!!! Glad you had a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......