Friday, October 26, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

 
Today I am thirty-five years old. Also known as advanced maternal age! Isn't it funny that that is how I look at my age? That's the nurse practitioner in me for sure.
 
I took the day off work and the boys are going to daycare. I have a massage booked (thanks Mom!!) at 10 a.m., I'm going to get a workout in prior to that, and I'm hoping to spend the afternoon organizing my closet and the boys' closets as well.
 
The babysitter comes at 6:30, and B and I have a date at a steakhouse downtown at 7:30. I have my outfit picked out, and I'm already dreaming of dinner. Peter will be 6 months in 1.5 weeks, and my pediatrician has given her blessing for me to try to introduce dairy back into my diet tonight. It's perfect that I can do it on my birthday and on a Friday. This way I can watch his stools and his fussiness all weekend to see if he has any problems with the milk protein. (Please, please Lord, let there be no blood in his stools- I really miss cheese and butter and normal baking and cereal with milk) I cannot be more excited for dinner. I'm having French Onion soup as my first course and I know it's going to be one of the best things I've ever had. I haven't yet decided on which dessert I will have- there's a chance we'll get two and split them. I may be giving dairy back up on Saturday, so I want to get in what I can in my first/potentially only splurge night.
 
My brother and sister in law and their daughter are coming up on Sat for a few days, so it's going to be a very fun weekend of spending time with them and watching the kids play together. We're going out for dinner on Sat night too- yep, we're living it up :) Our babysitter's going to make a fortune this weekend! We've also got our neighborhood trick or treat on Saturday from 5-7, so hopefully I can get some cute pictures of the boys to share here next week.
 
It's been really, really hectic the last 3 weeks at work so I'm thrilled to have the day off and all to myself. I know the day will fly by, but I am looking forward to every minute of it!!
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Happy happy birthday! Have a wonderful night and weekend!

    Did you really have to mention that 35. Is advanced maternal age? I am completely freaked out now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to you! Hope your day is fabulous and the next year even better!!!! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! We are birthday twins, because today is my birthday too!! I hope you have a wonderful day! Your day sounds similar to mine - I sent P to daycare for a few hours so I could relax and go for a long run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Cheers to a fantastic year!!

    KK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful, celebratory day- you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! Hope you are having a fabulous day! Enjoy your food tonight ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!! Hope your date night was wonderful -- it sounded like a perfect night out to me! (and holy smokes, I can't believe you have gone another 6 months without dairy. Hope Peter reacted well!)

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......