Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Weekend (and beginning of the week) update

What a great weekend!  I wish I had pictures to share of all the activities, but I didn't pull out my camera once :( 

Firday night we came home after work, put Spence to bed and made a dinner of skirt steak with chimichurri sauce (I'll post it soon) and a bottle of wine- seriously YUM!!  Saturday we were BUSY from morning to night.  We worked out, grocery shopped, shoveled (and shoveled and shoveled) the driveway and walkway, found a new toilet and paint at the big HD, and spent the rest of the day in the kitchen getting prepped for our Sunday luncheon.

Sunday we had the entire college group/young adult group from church over after service/christian formation class.  You never know how many people are going to come, but this week it ended up being about 20 kids.  Yowzers!  They were an awesome group and we had so much fun with them.  We made my Gram's mac and cheese, a Carolina style (vinegar based) pulled pork, a veggie tray with dip, red velvet heart shaped whoopie pie cookies, and boston cream pie whoopie pies.  They loved everything, and they were all SO good with Spence!!  They were at our house from 1-4 and then B&J ended up coming over that night to watch the Super Bowl with us b/c their cable wasn't working.  It was nice catching up with them- we hadn't seen them in a few weeks. 

Overall it was a wonderful weekend!  Tonight I had a JL mtg and instead of it being a true mtg, it was a 50 min workout (two different 25 min classes) with just short updates at the end.  LOVED it.  Getting out of the house for a mtg and a workout all in 1.5 hours???  Perfect for this momma!  God, I miss the gym.  Please, please, please someone figure out how I can get there more often!! 

In other news, I'm watching Glee right now and am sooooo happy with this episode.  It's just too funny!  Does anyone else out there think that Blaine is way hot?  And are you also drooling over the Warblers blazers?  Please discuss...........

1 comment:

  1. You two are so cute having the church kids over...Glad you had such a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......