Friday, July 15, 2011

Vacation, part two

So.......Tues through Sunday.  What did we do?  Enjoyed beautiful blue skies like the one above every day!!  Blair golfed Tues, Wed, and Thurs (aren't I just the nicest wife?), so Spencer and I spent time going on walks, going to the beach, and playing with balls. 
On Wednesday night, Mom and Ralph watched SYT so that B and I could go to dinner.  We went to the Veranda at The Perry Hotel to have a "proper cocktail" prior to going to dinner.  We thought we would end up at Chandlers or Little Traverse Bay Golf Club, but the weather was perfect on the Veranda, the drinks were stiff (Arnold Palmer martinis!!), and the view was so beautiful, we decided we couldn't leave.
Pretty flowers in the garden

One of the views from our table

The other view from our table

 
We stayed to watch the sunset over a bottle of bubbly.  Great decision on our part!!

Thursday evening we were able to head down to the beach to get a few pics of SYT in his sweet Kissy Kissy outfit that B's aunt bought him last summer when he was just a wee little lad.  He had a horribly runny nose (getting teeth) and it was, perhaps, just a little too close to bedtime, but, for the most part, he was cooperative :)




Friday morning, one of the besties and I forced allowed our husbands to watch our lovely angels, and we went into town to shop for awhile.  I got a few new books for Spence at the bookstore, almost bought a pair of Lilly shorts (am hoping they'll be on sale in a few weeks at sidewalk sales), and mostly enjoyed hanging out with NCS.  Friday night we had dinner with my family and B's aunt out at her house.  It was lovely.  Pesto (for our third time that week- no worries, we never tire of it!) with shrimp and chicken, salad, a gorgeous berry crumble, and great wine all served on the deck.
(please excuse the obviously puffy hair/no makeup/I had to really hurry home from the beach look!)


Saturday B and I did a little antique shopping after his 10 mile run, spent time organizing all our stuff so that we could pack, played more ball with SYT, made dinner for mom and Ralph, and then joined friends at one of our favorite watering holes to toast to an amazing week together. 

All in all it was a WONDERFUL week filled with sunshine (have I mentioned that yet??), babies, friends, fun, family, and lots and lots of love.  I couldn't be happier than I am in my little tiny version of heaven.  Amazing, extravagent, worldly vacations have nothing on being "up north".  Blessed, I tell you!! 





2 comments:

  1. waiting for the day you all come "down south" :) looks like you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun. SYT is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......