Sunday, March 20, 2011

Crab Cakes and Conferences

This Tuesday I'm leaving my sweet little angel and heading to Baltimore for 4 days!!!!!  Ugh!  I'm so nervous, worried, and scared to leave him.  What if he forgets about me?  What if he won't take all 5 of his feeds from a bottle?  What if he gets sick?  Will B be able to manage all by himself for 4 days?  Will Spencer sleep okay?  How will I survive without kissing his sweet little cheeks and snuggling with him before bed? 

There is a teeny tiny part of me that is excited to go.  I can't believe I'm going to get to work out 4 days in a row!!!  I will be able to catch up on my google reader and shop for an outfit for our family pics we are getting done in May.  I will be able to go to bed at a reasonable hour and I won't have to do that feeling guilty about the housework that isn't done or the laundry I haven't put away.  I will be able to catch up with friends from school and colleagues from Chicago.  I'll get to eat seafood to my heart's content. 

Is anyone from Baltimore or does anyone know the area well?  I'll be staying near Camden Yards- are there any cute places to grab lunch or dinner?  Any fun shopping in the area?  The conference will keep me pretty busy, but there is one afternoon I know I have free to explore a bit.  And a girl has to eat!!  I'd love any recs you have.  Hopefully I'll be able to get up a post or two later in the week- what with all my free time!! 

If you could all say a little prayer that Spencer does well without his momma and that B survives as a single dad, I know we would really appreciate it!  I'm already looking forward to next Saturday when I'll be home again! 

3 comments:

  1. awww he could never forget you!

    you will be right near the inner harbor....there are a ton of restaurants over there! have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is going to be such a nice break for you! And B and S are going to be fine.
    I grew up right outside of Baltimore, but I really don't know much about it anymore. There are a few good places to eat in Fells Point if you take a taxi. I can find out more if you would like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He will NEVER forget you! Your post made me tear up a tad as I would be the EXACT same way.
    Just think of the look on his face when he sees you next Sat! That'll be priceless! Have fun and enjoy your crab cakes!

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......