Monday, January 16, 2012

Carmelitas

Sunday night we had 7 adults over for dinner.  It was a delish dinner- brisket, pulled pork, cornbread, cabbage salad, mac and cheese, and green beans.  Everyone seemed to enjoy their meal immensely.  The best part came afterwards.............
(photo from Lulu the Baker)

This frickin phenomenal desssert.  Caramel, chocolate, oatmeal, brown sugar, butter- pure, pure, pure awesomeness.  Are there a few changes I would make?  Sure.  I would cut the caramel to 3/4s of what it calls for and I would increase the chocolate by 1/3.  But, overall, these are one of the best, easiest, most delicious desserts that I have made in a long time.  They are very rich, so you can cut them pretty small and serve a lot of people even with an 8x8 pan. 

If you are looking for a great Super Bowl dessert, a dessert to take to new parents, or a fun new dessert for your hubby, I would highly recommend these!!

1 comment:

  1. Annie these look absolutely delicious!!!! I am putting them on my list to desserts to try ASAP! :) Hope SYT is feeling better and you are doing amazing too! xoox

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......