Sunday, June 14, 2009

Our newest addition

Okay, I promise to finish up with our honeymoon pics tomorrow. BTW, thank you SO much for all your comments on the pics of our trip. They have meant the world to me!!

This news is so wonderful, I just can't wait to share it with you all! Today...........................................................







We adopted our very first puppy!!!!!! We met her twice last weekend, had two interviews with the shelter, did a home visit today, and she's finally OURS!!

Please meet Miss Junebug!!






Our first family photo!!


She is 1/2 English Mastiff and 1/2 Neapolitan Mastiff. She's currently 6 months old and 60 lbs. She's huge, ladies! She's going to be about 120 lbs by the time she's full grown. That should be by about 2 1/2 or 3 years. She has an incredibly gorgeous shiny gray coat- pewter would be the word I would use. We met her last weekend at an adoption event, went again on Sunday to visit, went through a huge process this week to show we were interested, and then B was able to get her today while I was at work. She's very sweet and docile and just lovely in every, single way. I'm so crazy about her! We will have some work to do because she doesn't really know how big she is, so she definitely needs training! She already is housebroken (mostly) and knows sit and stay :) Huge, right?? Oh, I wish you all lived near me so that you could meet her. I know you would just L-O-V-E her!! We do have an extra bedroom and love to entertain, so if you all are coming to Chi-town anytime soon, you can just holler!!

Right now B is laying on the floor and she is licking him. This could be the cutest thing ever!!

Mkay- off to bed for this family..............(love saying that word!) See you tomorrow (read about you tomorrow??) Mwah!!!

16 comments:

  1. She's adorable! I'm so jealous. My uncle used to raise Mastifs, and while they are huge, they are also some of the most loveable dogs in the world! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so sweet! You two have so much exciting stuff happening right now. Her coat is such a great color and yes, she is going to be huge!

    I love your outfit in those photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - I love her face! What a cutie! I cannot believe how big she'll get. Wow! Your family photo is adorable, natch. And I looooove her pink collar! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new family member! She looks like a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a dog is awesome !! congrats on Miss Junebug. Oh yes, from now on you will not be able to leave anything on the floor (shoes, clothes, books) and all food must be out of reach :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous pup. Congrats on your new family member!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting!!! She's just precious....love that face! Congrats on your expanding family :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, she's so cute! We love having our dog. He adds so much life to our family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is soooooooooooo CUTE!! Congrats! I'm super excited for you! YAY!!! We are in the puppy hunt too but can't adopt b.c we have little ones & are considered a liability :( I am so excited for you!!Keep us updated on Miss Junebug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! She is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY! I love puppies!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Her eyes are so pretty! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't begin to tel you how much fun your new dog will bring you. I have a Bull Mastiff he's 120 pounds. But be careful he ate a roast once off the counter when my back was turned.
    would steal my soda pop. My grandkids use to sit on him as a horse and it never bothered him he loves kids. Good luck with your new baby.
    Linda Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's beautiful!!! Welcome Ms Junebug! Can't wait to read all your "adventures"!

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......