Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Times, they are a changin'

While we were on our honeymoon, B got an email from a company where he had submitted a resume stating that they would like to interview him for a position. He had the actual interview last Friday (with 5 different people for 45 min each- yikes!), and found out on Monday that he got the job!! He has been in negotiations with them for the past two days, and today he accepted the position! Yea, B!!! This position is a very good one and will provide him with new experiences and a new perspective in his field. He starts there July 6th. The company is in a Chicago suburb that will make his commute much longer, so in the next few months we need to figure out a new living situation, but we are in Chicago for another few years! We had really hoped that a move to Michigan would occur, but with the economy there struggling so much, it just wasn't happening. That's okay, though. We like so many things about Chicago, and this will allow us to continue to enjoy them!

It was amazing to see his face on Monday night when he found out they were offering him the job. He was like a little kid at Disney- so giddy!! He has worked so hard at his current job and did so well in all his graduate classes, and the hard work as paid off!! I'm so, so, so very proud of him, and I can't wait to support him through this next phase in our life together.

Now that we know we will be staying here for awhile, it puts my life a little more into place. It's just up to me to pass my boards and find an advanced practice role as a PNP. I started studying this week- it's not too bad! It takes about 6 weeks for the paperwork to process, so I likely won't be able to take them until the end of June or beginning of July. If any of the Chicago bloggers know a pediatrician who needs a PNP for their office staff, let me know!!

7 comments:

  1. Always wonderful to come home to great news! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, B! A big congratulations to both of you, and I'm loving all of your Spain pictures! (Just getting caught up now). So nice to see pics of the two of you - a lovely couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hard work did pay off, CONGRATS to hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hooray Hubby!

    Good call on holding off on Michigan for a spot longer too....

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Hubby & Exciting news for you too! I'm not sure what suburb you are going to but we are in the Western Suburbs email me & let me know if you will be out this way!
    melissabritt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!

    Are you originally from Michigan? I grew up in the Detroit area. That state - it's a-strugglin'. :(

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......