Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Flowers from the garden


We knew that we had roses on the trellis when we looked at the house last fall.  We had no idea we also were inheriting a peony bush.  Between these two beauties our house now smells like a flower shop and I am loving it!!  We're so lucky that these were just here- I'm not sure I could have grown either of these from bitty plants, but we are certainly enjoying them now!!










I'd love to plant another peony bush or two near the one that is already in our front yard.  I'm going to have to research this as I have no idea how to start one.  Has anyone else planted peonies in their yard?  Are the bushes expensive?  Are they pretty successful plants?

3 comments:

  1. I love peonies and if you find out how to grow them (because I would have to start from scratch) please let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - so gorgeous! I love peonies. LOVE LOVE LOVE. So fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love peonies! We had a bush at our old house, my mother would snip the flowers off in the spring and tell us to give a bunch to our teachers. I don't recall her having to do much with the plant other than water and trim it back every so often? They get big and fluffy with all the leaves and flowers, but that's all I can remember - we left that house about 12 years ago!

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......