Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hodge Podge Tag!!

QBS tagged me in this Hodge Podge Tag.  It's a random and fun one!  Hopefully, you'll find out something new about me here!
One of our flower boxes on our deck

Favorite color: Navy blue- it matches everything and allows for great accent accessories whether on your body or in a room.

Favorite Brands/Designers:  Can I say that my current obsession is Petit Ami, Baby Gap, Ralph Lauren, and anyone who does smocking for little boys?  Okay, for me, my favorites are Ralph Lauren for classic, timeless clothing, Ann Taylor for cute, everyday clothes that fit me well, JCrew for dresses and my ruffle obsession and Lilly P for fun summer prints (has anyone NOT said Lilly??).

Favorite Restaurant:  Oh, so many!  Cinc Sentis in Barcelona is beyond fabulous.  I've never eaten like that in my life and would go back JUST to eat there.  Closer to home, I love Rose Angelis, Semi Ramis, and Carnivale in Chicago.  Here in GR our new favorite is Rose's. 

Hobbies: Baking, reading, gardening, working out, playing with my husband and son (awwww...I love saying that word................son)

Favorite thing about yourself:  My smile and the dimples that go with it.  They'll never be as amazing as my brother's dimples, but I do get plenty of compliments on them just the same.  Oh, and I love that I'm left handed!

What does your room look like (color scheme, theme, etc.):  Currently, a mess!!  But we have light blue and white bed linens that I adore, and the room will be built around those colors eventually.  I'd like to have a few shades of blue, ranging from pale to china, tan, and white as the color scheme.  We have a gorgeous corner fireplace, and I'm not sure yet how to incorporate it into the other decor I would normally gravitate towards.  It's got one room ahead of it in the redecorating process, and then we'll start working up there. 

If you could have dinner with 2 people (dead or alive) who would they be: Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Garner for girl's night or Robert Ludlum, Daniel Silva, and my dad for CIA author night.  (Have to put Dad in there as he was the one who got me hooked!!)

What is your next “big splurge”:  A family vacation in 2011 and, in 5-7 years, a kitchen remodel.

What is your favorite joke, quote, or saying: "What did zero say to eight?"  "Nice belt!"  (This works very well in the pediatric world!)

Anything else you would like us to know about you (random fact)!?  I have always wanted to learn to play the stand up bass so that I can play in a jazz trio or quartet and play in a swanky restaurant on Sunday nights.  I get REALLY excited whenever I see a stand up bass on tv or in person and have to point it out to B at least 6 times!

I'd love to see everyone participate in this, but since I'm supposed to tag others, here goes!!
A H.I.T.
Post Smith
Elle
The Preppy Baby
Le Petite Blog
MMM

3 comments:

  1. yay for having dimples, right!!! smiled at the thought of saying "my son" :)

    xoox

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  2. QBS tagged me too and I will not be saying Lilly. Love it, but doesn't look right on me. And I am sure you have heard this one...but, why was 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 8 (ate) 9. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you having such a wonderful time with SYT? I love the pictures of him. He is such a handsome little boy. Audrey sends him hugs and kisses. :)

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......