Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter update

Easter was lovely.  Sunny and relatively warm.  Spencer and I worked in the nursery for the first service and played with the kiddos until the later service when we went upstairs to celebrate Jesus's resurrection.  It was a lovely service, and the choir sounded great!  We didn't stay afterwards for the Easter egg hunt for two reasons. 

1.  Our brunch reservations were at noon, so we needed to leave to get to them (church ended about 11:45)
AND
2.  Spencer isn't walking yet and I didn't want to get his cute Easter outfit covered in mud from crawling around.  I know that seems so pretentious, but he doesn't know that he missed out, he can't eat the candy in the eggs anyway, and I really, really loved his outfit!
See, isn't it just sweet?  B thinks I am crazy for loving these darling, smocked outfits, but once he sees SYT in them, he actually likes them (or at least he tells me he does).

Brunch was good- we went to a country club near our house and were able to spend some time outside because it was finally sunny!!!


They're never too young, right QBS?



We let SYT have his first bite of ice cream at brunch. They had an ice cream sundae bar and, of course, B and I had to share one, so SYT got his first few bites. He LOVED it!!! Literally, he kept looking at us like, "seriously, you've been holding out on me this whole time? This stuff is awesome." He kept pounding on the table for more. It was hysterical.





soooooo close to walking!



After brunch we came home, worked around the house, Spence took at 2.5 hour nap (!!), and I got some work done in the garden.  It wasn't raining for the first time in days, so I was able to get the snap peas, lettuce, carrots and sweet peas planted.  I have a lot more to do, but we're still in the "possibility of frost" zone, so I have to wait to plant the rest of my seeds/veggies until after Mother's Day weekend. 

It was a really great day, and this week has been wet, wet, WET with thunderstorms, hail, a tornado, and constant rain, so I'm soooo glad that we had a nice day on Sunday.  I'm so late in posting about Easter, and it was great to read about all of your Easters.  I loved seeing all your pictures!






3 comments:

  1. You guys are such a cute family. And, I LOVE your hair. I've been getting the bug to cut mine a bit shorter, and I'd want something exactly like that... a longer bob. So cute. Glad you had a nice Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! Looks like you had a great Easter! Your hair looks great....I'm thinking I need to do something to mine. It grew a lot while I was pregnant, so now its long and just ends up in a ponytail!

    Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get your haircut? Looks so cute. And I don't even need to tell you how adorable your son is. Love his little jumper!

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......