Wednesday, March 21, 2012

First signs of spring

Spring is officially here and it currently feels like summer in Michigan!  We were in the 80s today and are going to be again tomorrow.  Next week it's going to be back to the high 60s which is fine with me.  I don't have summer maternity clothes :)  It's sooooo nice to enjoy this splash of summer. 
Our first daffodil- it's now bloomed in the last day and a half.


We have a ton of yard work to do in the next few weeks to prep before the baby comes.  Leaves that fell after our last raking job, prepping the gardens for planting season, getting our raspberry bushes off the ground (new stakes and twine), and planning what and where we want to plant this year. 

At the end of last year we planted a new rosebush and two azalea bushes.  I'm excited to see how they blossom this year!! 


I've been searching pinterest for gardening ideas as I'm certainly NO expert gardener.  But I'm working on it and I love doing it, so I'll just keep experimenting.  I'll taken any ideas anyone has though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I need to know......