Saturday, July 14, 2012

New recipes

(picture from framedcooks.com)
I made this recipe that I found on Pinterest tonight for dinner.  With the incredible heat we've had this summer, it was so nice to eat something so cool and refreshing.  I thought the addition of a can of white beans would really help this salad to have more substance, and I'm so glad I added it.  It was incredible and so healthy! B stated that this one is "a keeper"! It's got fabulous color, too, and looks great in a white shallow bowl. We served it with grilled multigrain bread which was a perfect addition to the meal.

(picture from bakersbanter.com)
I also made this Double chocolate zucchini bread from King Arthur Flour tonight as I was craving chocolate and can't eat much of it right now (dairy free again!!!).  I've never made zucchini bread before, but King Arthur's recipes are usually great, so I thought I'd give it a try.  Ghiradelli's semi-sweet chocolate chips don't contain dairy, so I can use those for baking.  The bread is a quick bread, so it's super easy and it just came out of the oven a few minutes ago. The top was a touch dry (possible that I overcooked it a few minutes too long), but the rest is delicious! I would highly recommend trying this- just bake it a little less than the recipe calls for. B liked it too- he was definitely thrilled with our entire meal tonight!

Anything you've made recently that has knocked your socks off? I'd love to know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I need to know......