Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bad, bad, bad morning.......

This a.m. I woke up, got ready for work, went out to my car, and could hear the engine quite clearly. I just figured I'd left a window down, so I looked around in the car and realized that last night someone vandalized my car by breaking the rear side window. It was shattered to smithereens- completely and utterly shattered. I immediately started crying (doesn't everyone in these types of situations?) and called B. Yesterday when I went to the grocery store I had tons of bags to take up, so I left the case of Diet Coke, the Tide, and a 12 pack of beer in the back seat. B was going to bring everything up last night, but we got really busy around the house and just forgot. Turns out some alcoholic person or an underage teenager (yes, I am generalizing- please don't yell at me about this) decided that taking the beer was of utmost importance and shattered my window to get to it. Did they take the DC, the tide, the cds, the money that was in the cup holder??? NOPE - JUST THE BEER! For goodness sakes, it was a 12 pack of Miller Lite that was on sale at the grocery store for $8.00. I'd rather have you ring my doorbell so that I could just give it to you and then you could save me the $200 I lost this a.m. replacing everything and losing 2 hrs of pay at work. I park my car in the back of the house, so it's not on the street or even somewhere that is easy access really. I'm so frustrated, annoyed, mad, and scared right now. Things like this happen, and it definitely reaffirms that I am ready to move. I realize vandalism still happens all over (suburbs, cities, rural areas), but if I had a garage, if I didn't have to walk up three flights with heavy bags all the time, if if if............... then maybe this wouldn't have happened. I want to cry right now just thinking about it. I did file a police report for it, but they do it over the phone and don't even come out to take finger prints. They said it was pointless b/c there is no way to really charge anyone if I didn't catch them in the act. So whoever did it gets away scott free with no guilt or punishment, and I am stuck with a bill that shouldn't be mine.

And honestly, who wants to spend $150 on a window to a car that yesterday was just fine? If I'm going to shell out that kind of money, I'd like it to be on a cute new dress or a new shirt for B or for dinner and drinks, etc. I just can't believe this happened........................

6 comments:

  1. Oh no!! This is terrible...I'm so sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, that story makes me skin crawl.

    Two summers ago Hubby and I made a weekend trip to see some friends, we parked on their street, in front of their house, in a NICE neighborhood... next morning we wake up to find that someone has thrown a huge rock (I am talking 5-7 pounds) at the side of my car- my brand new BMW... they didn't break in, they didn't do anything else... $500 later (thank goodness for insurance) I had a new door on my car. I called the police, they said they had multiple reports of that type of damamge from the night before, and there was nothing they could do.

    I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's terrible...sorry about your day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoever did this will get theirs someday. I know that doesn't help now, but be grateful it was only the car and not an attack on you. Big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no. I'm so sorry that happened to you.

    I don't know if this will make you feel better or worse...but a few nights ago, a neighbor 2 blocks away had their house burglarized. They had a window slightly open in their living room. Someone crawled in (while they were upstairs sleeping!), stole their TV, the woman's purse and her keys and then went into their garage and stole their Honda suv. Can you believe that?? And I live in a very safe area. But every spring, this happens up and down the North Shore. Another friend in Highland Park just reported the same thing happened in his neighborhood. Crime goes up, definitely, with the rising temps and nice weather.

    So sorry - hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did the same thing when my car was broken into--I burst into tears! I'm glad they only took the beer (as terrible as that is)--if someone had taken my DC, I would have been MAD!

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......