Sunday, June 12, 2011

What's going on at our house

*We had a delightful dinner on the deck tonight.  A little chilly here all weekend, but nice enough that we were able to eat on the deck with long sleeves on.  Classic summer dinner: chicken on the grill, sauteed zucchini and squash, and pasta with pesto.  Oh, yeah, and a bottle of wine.  It went down well :)

*Planning a cocktail party for July at our house.  Figured out a weekend tonight; now it's onto invites, planning the menu, and planning the cocktails.  Can't wait to wear a fun dress and see friends!

*Our peony bush is CRAZY right now.  It smells SO good.  We have cut a bunch of them and brought them into the house.  They're such pretty flowers.  I just wish they bloomed for more than 10 days out of the whole year.

*We need to buy new pepper plants as my seeds never took off, but otherwise our garden is looking pretty good.  We're going to be able to make a crapload of pesto this year as our basil is out of control!

*We've almost figured out SYT's big boy room.  I'm excited about it AND I'm glad we have a while before he has to use it.  It's going to take awhile to put everything into place.

*We spent a lot of the afternoon sawing down dead branches and tearing down bittersweet vines from trees.  They're awful climbing vines that essentially kill the trees they're climbing in.  One of our neighbors came over for awhile and lent us his saw that has a telescoping handle.  It's awesome!  I'm really proud of the work we've done in this specific area over the course of the last few weekends. 

*I'm so glad that I like to work outside and that I love to weed.  Living on the lot size we do would not be a good choice for a couple who doesn't want to devote time and energy to keeping things up.  I suppose you could hire it out, but do it oneself burns a lot more calories and is a lot more satisfying!!!! 

*Our flowerboxes are full of pink and white petunias, and I adore them.  I ccould deadhead petunias all day long!!

*I am slightly obsessed with Pinterest.  Should I be following you?  MMM, you and I must share the same dream house!! 

*Top Chef, can you please come back on???  I miss you.

*Craving chocolate?????  Make these NOW!!!!  One of the best cookies I have ever made.  Soft, chewy, chocolatey, and just downright delish.  People will be begging you for the recipe, I promise!  Even better if you add a little sea salt to the top!

Have a great week, darlings!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I guess I need to get into Pinterest. Can you make it private? I actually have no clue what it is about. Ha

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......