Sunday, September 27, 2009

God Pause- Taste and See

A quick lesson from God Pause this Sunday as I am wishing for communion and praying for thanks.


"O taste and see that the Lord is good." (Psalm 34:8)

Psalm 34: 1-9

Bread of Life, we give you thanks for all the ways you nourish us. Help us to feast on your love in community and welcome all to the table.
Amen.

My husband's family shares a love of food. He is an avid follower of the Food Network. His brother is always on the lookout for "the best" restaurant, recipe or product. His mother prepares meal plans days in advance of our visits. All of this makes sharing meals with them tremendously enjoyable. They really savor their food and help me appreciate mine.

In the same way, the body of Christ can help us to savor and appreciate the feast of love that God lays out before us. We are fed and nourished by Holy Communion, the words of Scripture and the power of the Holy Spirit. But when we share the joy of these things with others we are much more richly blessed. The body of Christ helps us to savor God's goodness and invite others into the feast.
Amy Zalk Larson
Campus Pastor, Luther College
Master of Divinity, 2000

Psalm 34: 1-9 (NRSV)

1 I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

2 My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad.

3 O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.

4 I sought the Lord, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears.

5 Look to him, and be radiant; so your faces shall never be ashamed.

6 This poor soul cried, and was heard by the Lord, and was saved from every trouble.

7 The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them.

8 O taste and see that the Lord is good; happy are those who take refuge in him.

9 O fear the Lord, you his holy ones, for those who fear him have no want.

2 comments:

  1. taste and see has been one of my fav's ever since I was a little bee. great post!

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind congratulations! I love this passage thanks for sharing...!

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......