I've seen a few people do this on their blogs, and I know it's all the rage over on FB, so I thought I'd do my version here.
1. Our first daughter will be named after my grandmother. There is nothing about my "gram" that I wouldn't want my daughter to emulate. She's an amazing woman, and I only hope I can raise a child to be like her.
2. My husband looks best in long-sleeved shirts with the sleeves rolled up, his lobster pants or any of his colored pants (lt blue, yellow, green, nantucket red, the list could go on), flip-flops, and a tan. This is his standard summer night attire, and he looks hot in it!
3. I love to bake. It's really been missing from my life lately due to other committments, and I can't wait to get back to it. Measuring cups make me happy! My favorite recipes are for an apple tart and a lemon quick bread.
4. I will only eat my food if it is hot or cold. I do not like anything at room temperature (okay, maybe some soft cheeses).
5. I have a full set of Christmas dishes. I received my first plates when I was a freshman in college (and couldn't use them!). When I was little, I used to make my mom walk past them in Marshall Fields during Christmas time "just to look." When I say little, I'm talking 8 or 9!
6. I can be very stubborn, and if I am upset about something, it can take awhile to cajole me into a good mood. I am definitely a passionate person with very strong opinions.
7. My favorite place in the world is Bay View, MI. My friends there are the closest I have. I'm amazed we all became so close spending only 8 weeks of the summer together. We spend much less time together now, and I miss them all so much when we aren't together. I think most of us (and our families and other families we know) consider it "home".
8. I could give up alcohol forever without difficulty. However, if someone asked me to give up sweets for the rest of my life, I would have to go to rehab.
9. I love, love, love antique jewelry.
10. I pray all the time that God will help me to be a good mother.
11. I crave red meat regularly. I think I have a Y chromosome floating around somewhere in my body that demands it!
12. I know 100% that I am in the right profession. I am so lucky that I truly love my job and the work I do.
13. I do not like my food to touch. If I could have found everyday plates that had dividers, I would have registered for them. Buffets are my worst nightmare.
14. I love church because it is the time during the week that I am forced to be still and just listen. It makes my week so much calmer.
15. My dream house is built in the early 1900s, has a huge porch, a back staircase, an unattached garage, floors that creak, and a back screen door that slams. It would also have a basement, a laundry chute, and stained or leaded glass above the front door. Yes, I'm also aware it will be drafty and not have enough closet space. That's a-okay.
16. I really love going to the gym but am far from thin (see #8). I prefer classes where the instructor is a drill sargeant!!
17. My favorite band is Indigo Girls. I've been to 13 concerts, a lot of them with Sara, but one I attended alone. I will never tire of their harmonies.
18. I have 17 cousins on my mom's side and none on my dad's. I adore having a large family and wish I could have 6 kids so that my kids and grandkids could also be blessed in this way.
19. I adore Champagne. Yum!
20. I am madly in love with my husband. He occasionally travels for work, and the day he comes home, I walk around all day with butterflies in my stomach.
21. I love gummi bears, but only the ones made by Haribo. They are the best!!
22. I hope I never have to live in a place that doesn't have 4 seasons. I love them for all their different properties, and I would hate to live somewhere that snow doesn't fall, that leaves don't change, or that summer days aren't long.
23. Of all the genres of books out there, I love spy novels the best. Daniel Silva is my favorite author in this arena, though Robert Ludlum is a very close second. I am just starting on WEB Griffin and am loving him as well. I have a deep wish to be a CIA agent!!
24. I would never, ever want to be famous.
25. My husband is afraid of the day that my grandmother dies. I can't even imagine what the days surrounding it will be like for my family. She's lived an amazing and wonderful life (she's still cross country skiing at 84), and, even though I know she'll be at peace and okay with going to heaven to be with my grandfather, my life without her will not be the same.
Daily Find | Maxime Counter Stool
3 hours ago