Thursday, February 12, 2009

Need a Red for Valentine's Day?



Last week From the Land of Cotton posted about wine. It sparked a decent discussion for those of us who are always looking for new wines to try. Here is my addition to that discussion.


Mmmmmmmmm.............. I tried this Pinot Noir before Christmas for the first time. B's cousin had it waiting for us when we went up to stay with them for the night. She prefers white but had really liked this red when she tried it at a cocktail party. I loved it that night and bought a few bottles for one of our family dinners over Christmas. Everyone really liked it. I've now had it with prime rib, appetizers, and spaghetti and meatballs. It was good with all three. From the back of the bottle "red and black cherry flavors abound with a note of spice from oak aging. Rich in texture with a lingering finish and versatile enough to compliment just about any cuisine." Try it this weekend and let me know what you think. It's around $9-13/bottle at any major grocery store or wine retailer.

I'd love to try any of your other suggestions! We're having champagne on Sat night that we picked up on our mini-moon. Review to come next week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am a new reader! I wanted to say I just tried this wine on Sunday and I LOVE it!! It is a real crowd pleaser and great for those who are just learning to appreciate a nice glass of red!

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......