Thursday, August 26, 2010

Organizing blogger

I have a question for you all.  Hopefully one of you can give me some good suggestions for my insanely disorganized "Starred List" in blogger!

Okay, so many of you post wonderful ideas, recipes, books, decor photos, kids stuff, etc and if I like it, I star it and it heads over to that folder.  Great, except now my starred items folder is huge and for the life of me I cannot find a way to move things around or create subfolders within the starred items.  Is there a way to do this?  How do you all handle keeping track of things you like?  Do you transfer everything over to folders in your computer?  I have at least 10 folders I'd like to create, yet am struggling in figuring this out. 

Anyone out there have an answer for me?  I'd love, love, love some help with this :)

Gratzi!

6 comments:

  1. If you figure out the answer to this, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know you could star things. I am obviously no help...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I have this same issue! Well, HAD. Not anymore. I have bookmarks for my recipes and I deleted all of them. For weird tips and stuff, well ... I just gave up and deleted those too, because I NEVER went back to read that stuff! It just felt so good to delete everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use Firefox and bookmark everything I want to save. I have a bunch of folders (Decorating, Health, Wishlist, Books, etc) so everything stays pretty organized. I try to go through the bookmarks every month or so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i star things all the time... Actually, I find, for me, the best thing to do is to print out what I like and put it in a notebook... like an inspiration book, if you will!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your great comments on my blog! Glad you popped by!

    If you wanted to print pdf copies of whatever pages you're saving (esp recipes, etc), you could use google docs to store them all. You can create millions of folders and sub-folders there. That way you don't have to worry about a link mysteriously disappearing.

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......