Tuesday, July 20, 2010

2 months old!

Spencer turned 2 months last week, but today was our drs apt, so I was able to get his stats.  Today he weighed 13 lbs 13 oz, was 23 inches long, and his head circumference was 16 inches.  He's a big boy with his weight in the 87th percentile!  He's meeting all his developmental milestones, and our pediatrician was quite impressed with his head control and how high he could lift his head when he was on his tummy. 


He adores his tummy time, so it wasn't surprising to me that he did so well for her!  He did have to have his shots today- NOT fun.  I bought some generic tylenol in case he is crabby tonight or tomorrow.  I feel bad for having to go to work tomorrow- I pray he doesn't hurt too badly.

Spencer had a "rough" afternoon today per my in-laws who are here this week helping B while I am back at work.  I'm not shocked as this is the first time he has been without me for more than 5 hours.  B also had a meeting this afternoon for his new job, so they watched him for about 2 hours and he was pretty fussy apparently.  I feel so sad for him as I'm sure he was missing either me, my smell, or nursing (really, probably a combo of all of them).  I'm glad B is home all day tomorrow so he can help him through his fussy time. 


(Okay, he looks so hysterically funny in this pic I just had to post it.  I have no idea what is going on with his lips, but it's awful and funny at the same time!)
We have looked at a few daycare centers this week and I'll be looking at one more on Thursday.  Pray for us in making this decision.  It's ROUGH!  I'm praying about it as much as I can and trying to make myself know that many people do this all the time and that the people at day care will be wonderful to him, right??

SYT is cooing and smiling all the time.  He'll even pull off the breast just to interact with me.  I love, love, love it.  He has rolled over from tummy to back 4 times now.  He is starting to look at his toys and realize there is life beyond Mommy and Daddy's faces.  He really likes his music before bedtime, and he loves his baths.  He also goes to bed totally awake and falls asleep on his own (at nighttime, not for naps)- it's a miracle, really!

So, that's my buddy this month.  Full of smiles, bright eyes, and sugar!!

7 comments:

  1. I cannot beleive how much he is changing in short amount of time! It is amazing...
    And you will pick the right day care. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is just a doll! Good luck finding day care for him. I know that decision can be a tough one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! He is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is a doll! I know how hard it is to return to work after maternity leave. You'll find the right place for him. We found a great daycare and I always felt like my kids were being well-taken care of, and they always were. When you know they're in goods hands, Mommy is a much happier person! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with that last photo! What a handsome guy! I can't believe he is rolling over from tummy to back-that is much harder than back to tummy! H can roll over from back to tummy easily but has yet to conquer tummy to back!

    Good luck with the daycare search. There are many great options out there so don't worry too much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh WHAT? Two months already? Wasn't he just born like a week ago? I am in shock. :)

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......