Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The most exciting part of my day?

How much milk I was able to pump at work.  Yup, that's what I've become- The crazy ounce counter.  It was a good day though- 16 oz.  That's exactly what SYT takes while at daycare, so I was able to match him completely.  Honestly, as a new working mom, this is a really good feeling.  Being dairy free is going pretty well.  I honestly miss cheese WAY more than I miss ice cream!  Tacos without cheese just taste weird.

SYT seems to be doing well at daycare.  He's not taking great naps (I think it's probably too loud and he's just not used to that yet), but the teachers seem to like him, and he always smiles at me as soon as I walk in the door.  In my heart of hearts I wish I were home with him, but, for our current situation, I'm glad I trust them to take care of him.  I do really love what I do, and I know I make a difference in the lives of people, so being at work isn't at all bad.  I just wish I could do it with Spencer in the Ergo carrier!

Okay, I absolutely have to get to bed.  I'm so exhausted this week, and I still have to organize SYT and I for the a.m. and take a shower.  Sorry- I know I'm going to be a slacker when it comes to posting over the next week or two. 

**Don't forget to enter my giveaway!!  Entry deadline is Sunday.  And a little birdie told me there might be a Gybe-ho baseball cap coming the way of the winner as well!!**

5 comments:

  1. When you start getting competitive with the other moms over it, worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that all is so far so good with SYT at daycare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad it is going ok. My kids never nap as well at daycare as they do at home. That is normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad pumping at work is going so well for you and that SYT seems to be adjusting to day care... What great things for a new mom! and don't worry, slack all you want on posting we'll still be here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like only yesterday I was in your shoes, pumping at work, worrying about babies adjusting to daycare...I know exactly how you are feeling. Things will get easier. Good luck as you juggle your many hats these days. Enjoy each passing moment. These "baby" days truly do go by quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......