Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekend updates

I had to work on Friday while B was at his interview. He was able to pick me up from work and have a quick dinner (pasta with pesto--mmmmmmmmmm) before heading out to a going away party. From his perspective the interview went very well, and he is very anxious to hear back from them. The man who would be his boss said that it would be "a few weeks" before B would hear anything, so we are in a holding pattern for now. He is sending out a few other resumes this week to see what else is out there. I'm just so happy that he came home feeling successful. He had definitely prepared well and worked hard to make sure he would be considered one of the best candidates. We'll see what happens from here!!!

Saturday I worked all day (7-7:30), so B submitted his (last) paper for his last graduate class and then went to a St. Patrick's Day party hosted by a friend of ours. He had a great time hanging out with friends and drinking beer in the afternoon (always fun!). He was home by the time I walked in the door, so we walked down the street to a Mexican restaurant for a quick dinner. I hadn't been out for Mexican in forever, and it totally hit the spot.

Sunday morning we woke up at 8 (oh how I love to sleep in!), got organized, and went for a 4.5 mile run. My longest ever! Per Hal Higdon's training plan, this was another 4 mile run, but I knew I was ready for something slightly longer. I probably could have done 5 today as it was beautiful out! I felt really good throughout the run, and I have officially decided to sign up for the race on April 18th. 10K here I come! I loved having B to run with this a.m. as we don't often work out together. I feel sort of bad making him run with me as he is quite a bit faster than I am, but he is such a great support system and totally kept me going today! After the run, we got ready and went to a local shelter to look at dogs. We have been wanting one for quite a while but knew that we didn't have the time necessary to be good dog owners. Now that we are both finished with school (well, almost!) and preparing for a house, we feel that we are ready and able to take on the responsibility. We were able to view quite a few dogs but we played with and walked just two of them. One is a lab/mastiff mix- huge, full of energy, and incredibly beautful. The other was an abondoned hound (coonhound?)- so skinny with no training whatsoever. Boy does he need some love!! We had to leave today because I had to work at 3 p.m., but it did give us some great insight into what we do truly want. Have any of you adopted a dog that wasn't a puppy? Any pros/cons for us? It's just so easy for the puppies to be adopted, and I feel badly for the 2 year olds that no one wants. I'd love to hear any information or advice. B and I both grew up with dogs, but this would be our first foray into training one ourselves. Is it significantly harder if they are out of the puppy stage?

While I was at work this afternoon, B had to leave for Dallas again. Luckily this is a short week, and he'll be home Wed night with no foreseeable travel in the future. I have to work long days Mon and Wed, and Tues I have clinic, a run, and homework to do, so I will stay plenty busy while he is gone. Once he gets back, we're going to his favorite running store to find me some new shoes. I don't like the Asics I am currently running in as I'm starting to feel it in my knees. So, we'll go and I'll be evaluated by the experts to see what I should be running in. I'd be surprised if it isn't Sauconys as I have always felt they fit my feet the best.

I'm off to catch some z's. This girly is tired! Can't wait to catch up with you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I need to know......