Sunday, December 20, 2009

Do normal people cry at mass?

Today at Mass they told the story of Mary and Elizabeth, in preparation of the Christmas Story.  The choir sang a gorgeous version of Ave Maria to go along with the Gospel.  Can I tell you that I got misty-eyed through the story and then actually cried during the Ave Maria???  Now, I must admit that I definitely cry more easily now that I'm pregnant (darn hormones), but the story today of Mary and Elizabeth both being blessed with holy children of God and then hearing the Ave was too much for this darn emotional pregnant woman to handle!  I was quite embarrassed as this was the first time I had attended this church (new town and all) and I was by myself as B doesn't arrive in GR until later this evening.  However, I do have to admit that the meaning of the story today (and the story to come on Christmas Eve) takes on a special meaning to me now that I am "with child" and all. 

Other things to report........
*All my Christmas wrapping is done.  Yippee!
*I've definitely popped!  Pants that I wore last week without difficulty are now two inches from even closing in the waist.  I'm in all maternity wear now.  I'll try to get a picture over Christmas and post one for you. 
*I'm in the process of baking some Christmas cookies now, and it's making me feel so festive!
*We're having this soup for dinner tonight with a salad and some bread.  I made it once in early September and can't wait to have it again tonight.  Perfect for a cold day!
*TUESDAY is almost here.  Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*B and Junebug will be here in just a few short (or long, incredibly drawn out) hours.  I can't wait to see them.

Hope you all have wonderful weeks.  I'll be back after Christmas with pictures, updates, a NEW HOUSE, and we'll ring in the New Year together! 

6 comments:

  1. Real quick- cannot wait for you for Tuesday- you must be about ready to burst from excitement about that :)

    I cry at Mass too and got misty-eyed over the same homily yesterday early-evening. Ave Maria always pierces you to the soul, doesn't it?! O Holy Night always makes me cry too- I think the Reason for the Season side of Christmas is so incredibly beautiful and LUCKY.

    we can be weepy buds together :)

    xoox

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great you got all your Christmas wrapping done. It can be such a daunting task! I have a little more left to do, but at LEAST the shopping is done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would probably cry as well...I am sure it was a beautiful service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually found myself tearing up during 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation' for the first time ever!!! I think it was at the part where Clark finally "got" the exterior lights to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I've totally cried at mass, too :)

    Baking sounds so yummy and festive, I really need to jump on board.

    Hooray on the growing belly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, some may not agree with me being normal, but I swear I cry almost every time I go to Mass. I mean, I've been going my whole life... this is nothing new, but I always seem to get emotional, especially around Christmas and Easter. :) Merry Christmas to you and Blair!

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......