Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Christmas Pattern



When I was little, I used to ask my mom every year to walk by the Christmas Home section at Marshall Field's so that I could look at these Waechterbach Christmas dishes.  I just loved them so much!  When I was in college, one of my gifts under the tree was 4 of the large plates- I about died!  I never asked for them (and, seriously, what college kid would?) but was SO excited.  I've been collecting them ever since and now have a 8 full sets.  I'd love to have 12 total, so I'm still working on the last 4 settings.  Now that I'm an adult and have seen many of the other patterns out there, I still think mine is my favorite!!  I do have some of the fun extras like the butter dish, the spreaders and the salt and pepper shakers, plus 5 different platters.  I do not have the pitcher seen above, nor do I have the mugs.  Those are on my "watch out for" list.  I'm so excited to have a dining room now so that I can set these out during the holiday season and decorate around them!

Do any of you have Christmas dishes?  Do you have the Lenox set, the Spode set or mine??  I'd love to know if you do and why you chose that set (or if they're great grandmas that was handed down to you!)

7 comments:

  1. Great sale on this pattern going on right now at Macys.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish i did...I just don't have space to store them. One day I will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same pattern. It's been a several years since I've gotten it out of the Christmas boxes. I didn't even realize it was still available in the stores. I just might have to get a few serving pieces out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandma has the mugs and dessert plates of your set! I love them! She also has the Lenox pattern that will be my mother's one day. I love the one you have! It just reminds me of happy holiday memories!

    My husband bought me 4 place settings of Martha Stewart's Christmas collection. He found the box at TJ Maxx for $40! I love it and will post some photos soon.

    How are you liking GR?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! I would have been the excited college student receiving plates as well! I have a small Spode collection that my mother adds to each year. I have a large platter, soup tureen and four place setting! I cannot wait to pull them out for a small get together! Every thing seems so special thjis time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont have an official set but we do have plates and mugs with santas on them etc so we switch out our everyday stuff and use the xmas stuff for all of December :O)

    This year I am going to keep my eyes open for them at the Boxing day sales!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Lenox holiday plates to compliment my Lenoix Solitare china....never used them. Instead use my Spode Christmas tree place settings instead, same pattern my folks have. Too bad they are all boxed away in storage at the moment...boo hoo!

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......