Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy heart and healthy baby!!

The ultrasound today was amazing.  All the scary things that a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (and ex-NICU nurse) can imagine being wrong were NOT present, and we have a truly healthy peanut.  I can tell you that seeing all four chambers of the heart and hearing the strong heartbeat again just made my day.  I can also tell you that seeing Puddin' in real life made this whole experience so much more real.  I'm massively in love...... (yeah, a little gushy, I know!)  We stuck to our original game plan and did not find out, though apparently Puddin was wide legged during the exam and had we wanted to know, it would have been very easy to find out! 

I promised some pics, so here they are..................

My favorite!!!!!!!!  Look how it is cuddling up with him/herself and the arms




It's smiling!!! (profile pic)








Hand to mouth


We are just so thrilled with how everything went today, and I'm really looking forward to getting the nursery started now!!!!  Want to talk more about baby stuff next week?  Good, put your thinking hats on re: baby names!  Also, I've got a nursery picture example for you and the going home outfit (which you all are going to just DIE over!!). 

BTW, thank you all so much for your well wishes about the ultrasound.  I really, really appreciate your friendships- it's amazing how I've come to rely on darling bloggers' comments showing up in my email boxes throughout the day! 

13 comments:

  1. That is the cutest 3D baby I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the most amazing experience? I remember seeing my babies on the ultrasound and being so fascinated. We didn't find out the gender for either child and it made for an even more amazing moment at delivery. You'll be so glad you waited to find out! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow!!! I've never seen anything like this before (and I promise I don't live under a rock ;) ). These pictures are so cool. Congrats again. Looking forward to hearing how it all goes! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful!! I also love your favorite. Those little hands tucked up under the chin - so sweet! Looking forward to more baby posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations - he/she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, this brought tears to my eyes! I am so happy that everything is a-okay and your baby is healthy. Your little peanut is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhhhhh. I want to get going on number 2 nowwwwwwww! Now just to convince the hubs. Ah ha ha. I remember how exciting it was to see the baby at the u/s!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS on the pregnancy and good job on not finding out. There is nothing like finding out the sex in the moment of birth. It's a hard thing to do, but so, so worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......