Saturday, December 26, 2009

Loving the house.........

We closed on Tuesday (it's officially ours!) and spent two nights there before heading to my mom's for Christmas.  There are boxes everywhere, but B got the kitchen completely unpacked on Wednesday while I was at work.  It's wonderful to at least walk into a clean and relatively organized kitchen.  He also had a blazing fire waiting for me in the fireplace.  LOVED IT! 

We're now up at my mom's house.  I've been snowshoeing twice (on a hard trail that totally got my heart rate up) and B snowshoed once and skiied once.  I thought about skiing today (midwife approved!) but it was super icy up here, and I didn't want to chance it.  If the snow had been better, I probably would have done the 4 hour pass, but I enjoyed snowshoeing with the fam instead.  It's been a nice long weekend- Christmas Eve dinner and mass were great and Christmas day was wonderful as well.  B and I both received wonderful presents- including some useful things and pretty things for puddin'. 

Tomorrow morning we'll head back early so that I can go to the grocery store (we have nothing in the house) and B needs to get his haircut for a job interview on Monday morning.  We're praying that this job interview is a strong one- the company and job is right up his alley.  We also want to get more boxes unpacked and organized before dinner and bed.  Then it's back to work before the long New Year's weekend.  I'm hoping we can get organized enough this week so that we can perhaps start painting (or at least doing painting prep work) in the nursery over the weekend.  It's probably not the first thing I should be doing, but it's definitely what I want to do the most!  We're also hoping to figure out which service we're going to use for tv/internet on Monday and have them come install everything this week. B desperately wants services in the house before all the bowl games this coming weekend. I'd just like to be able to upload some photos here!!

I hope you all had lovely Christmases and enjoyed all the time spent with family and friends.  I also hope that Santa was good to you all!!  Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. congrats on the house! can't wait for you to get internet so we can see pictures of you new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. saying a prayer for B and the job- hooray that he is a dear and unpacked the kitchen while you were at work- you must be on top of the world right now with the house :)

    PS- funny about snowshoeing- I've gone every day that I've been home- with my dad :)

    xoox

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been snowshoeing...sounds like so much fun!
    Glad you are all settled...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! Glad you're finally in your adorable house! Can't wait to see pics of how you'll decorate =)

    Keeping my fingers crossed that B's interview goes well!

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......