The Complete Prep and Queen Bee Swain tagged me for this darling award last week. Isn't that just the nicest? I've only received one blog award before, so I definitely feel privileged!! It's my job to now come up with 10 things about myself and share them here. As QBS did, my 10 things are going to be themed. Can you guess the theme prior to number 8???
1. I've been married for 15 months and am thankful each and every day for my husband. B is a wonderful compliment to me- all of our in real life friends say so, and I couldn't agree more.
2. My fashion posts have dwindled considerably in the last few months. Shopping just hasn't held it's normal appeal lately, though I was able to use my 30% coupon this weekend at Old Navy and Gap.
3. My skin has been horrid the past two weeks. Ummm.....hello, I'm 32, and I currenly look like I'm 16. It starts in the middle of my forehead, hits my nose and continues down to my chin. I seriously need some advice on this b/c it's yucky. I haven't changed any of my normal cleansing routines and my stress level hasn't changed.
4. I won't be planning any ski trips for this winter. It's a true bummer in my world. Luckily we'll have some time over Christmas to snowshoe with the pup.
5. I can't watch The Biggest Loser or Gray's without bawling my eyes out. While I tend to be a little emotional in general, it's gotten much worse lately!
6. B adores pasta, though lately I'm kicking his butt at the pasta intake challenge. Carb cravings- gotta love em!
7. I've gained 3.5 lbs in the last few months, and it's not from a lack of working out!
8. My stomach only likes me if I snack on something small every 2 hours. Actually this last week has been much better, and I'm able to go at least 4 hours without food. As a nurse, keeping up with this randomness has been VERY difficult, but to fight the constant feeling of being hungover and incredibly nauseous, it's a must.
9. I threw up on Thursday (for the first time since I had food poisoning two years ago), and it was so violent I got a nosebleed (yes, probably TMI). Poor B had no idea what to do and Junie kept trying to get her head in the toilet with me. It's sweet that she was trying to be protective, but annoying because her head is about as big as mine. Luckily B took care of her as I continued to wretch.
10. If you haven't guessed by now, I'm pregnant! It's been an interesting ride so far, but I'm so excited and happy about this new addition to our family that I truly can't complain too much. Puddin' is due to meet you all May 8th, 2010!! I'm currently 15 weeks and it's the size of an apple (about 4 inches long crown to rump and weighs about 2 1/2 oz). I've gotten to hear the heartbeat via doppler at both my midwife apts, and it's an amazing thing!!
I'm going to need a lot of blogger help registering for and buying the right things to start out this little ones life, so there will be tons of questions asked here in the next few months. Hopefully you all won't be bored with baby news, maternity clothing, and weird posts about food cravings! I think with the new job and the new house, I'll have other fun things to blog about, so just yell at me if you all think I'm going way too baby crazy over here!! You can't imagine how hard it's been to keep this a secret for so long, but I wanted to make sure we were solidly through the first trimester before sharing with people!
Today I am thankful for.......Puddin' the newest member of our (teeny) family. I am dying to meet this little one and pray for it's health and happiness each and every day!