Monday, November 16, 2009

An Award!! (And some really fun news)



The Complete Prep and Queen Bee Swain tagged me for this darling award last week.  Isn't that just the nicest?  I've only received one blog award before, so I definitely feel privileged!!  It's my job to now come up with 10 things about myself and share them here.  As QBS did, my 10 things are going to be themed.  Can you guess the theme prior to number 8???

1.  I've been married for 15 months and am thankful each and every day for my husband.  B is a wonderful compliment to me- all of our in real life friends say so, and I couldn't agree more.

2.  My fashion posts have dwindled considerably in the last few months.  Shopping just hasn't held it's normal appeal lately, though I was able to use my 30% coupon this weekend at Old Navy and Gap.

3.  My skin has been horrid the past two weeks.  Ummm.....hello, I'm 32, and I currenly look like I'm 16.  It starts in the middle of my forehead, hits my nose and continues down to my chin.  I seriously need some advice on this b/c it's yucky.  I haven't changed any of my normal cleansing routines and my stress level hasn't changed.

4.  I won't be planning any ski trips for this winter.  It's a true bummer in my world.  Luckily we'll have some time over Christmas to snowshoe with the pup. 

5.  I can't watch The Biggest Loser or Gray's without bawling my eyes out.  While I tend to be a little emotional in general, it's gotten much worse lately!

6. B adores pasta, though lately I'm kicking his butt at the pasta intake challenge.  Carb cravings- gotta love em!

7.  I've gained 3.5 lbs in the last few months, and it's not from a lack of working out!

8.  My stomach only likes me if I snack on something small every 2 hours.  Actually this last week has been much better, and I'm able to go at least 4 hours without food.  As a nurse, keeping up with this randomness has been VERY difficult, but to fight the constant feeling of being hungover and incredibly nauseous, it's a must. 

9.  I threw up on Thursday (for the first time since I had food poisoning two years ago), and it was so violent I got a nosebleed (yes, probably TMI).  Poor B had no idea what to do and Junie kept trying to get her head in the toilet with me.  It's sweet that she was trying to be protective, but annoying because her head is about as big as mine.  Luckily B took care of her as I continued to wretch.

10.  If you haven't guessed by now, I'm pregnant!  It's been an interesting ride so far, but I'm so excited and happy about this new addition to our family that I truly can't complain too much.  Puddin' is due to meet you all May 8th, 2010!!  I'm currently 15 weeks and it's the size of an apple (about 4 inches long crown to rump and weighs about 2 1/2 oz).  I've gotten to hear the heartbeat via doppler at both my midwife apts, and it's an amazing thing!!

I'm going to need a lot of blogger help registering for and buying the right things to start out this little ones life, so there will be tons of questions asked here in the next few months.  Hopefully you all won't be bored with baby news, maternity clothing, and weird posts about food cravings!  I think with the new job and the new house, I'll have other fun things to blog about, so just yell at me if you all think I'm going way too baby crazy over here!!  You can't imagine how hard it's been to keep this a secret for so long, but I wanted to make sure we were solidly through the first trimester before sharing with people!

Today I am thankful for.......Puddin' the newest member of our (teeny) family.  I am dying to meet this little one and pray for it's health and happiness each and every day!

29 comments:

  1. Congrats! I just had a baby shower this weekend for a friend so I have babies on the mind! Do you think it's going to be a girl or boy?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Wonderful news. Take it from someone whose been there five times over....the skin issue will work itsself out mid or post pregnancy. My skin was awful while I was pregnant, but evened out. Buy GOOD make up until then. Best to keep a sml. pkg of Saltines by the bed and eat one or two first thing in the morning. It might not make the sickness go away, but it will lessen the nausea. Do you live near a Whole Foods Market? If you can get ahold of crystalized ginger it will work wonders for the nausea. I can get you some if you can't find it. I never had a single day of throwing up with any of my five if that says anything. However, I paid for it in other ways.....all of my kiddos were over 10 pounds at birth. Best wishes to you. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS! COngratulations! What wonderful news. I love this post. Always fun to learn more about bloggers, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww congratulations!!!!!!
    A sping baby :O) How nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations! I am so excited for you.... I have a friend who has the cutest baby blog ever, every month she writes her son these sweet notes that make you cry, caleb is now one year old but she's done a ton of great product reviews and has tons of great info on her blog, and she's also pregnant with number two! you should definitely start reading... it's a private blog, littlefootypajamas, tell her that you're a friend of Danielle Johnson and she will add you to the list....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I knew from your comment Friday. So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEEEEEEKKKK!!! How exciting!!!! I love that you are calling the baby "Puddin'" Keeping you all in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yayee! Congratulation! I am so happy for you guys...I had to skip ahead to #8 as soon as I read that!
    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazingly fun news!! Congratulations to you and your husband! Geez - a move, a new job, and now a baby! What an exciting (and hopefully not too stressful) time of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray hooray! i had a feeling rthat was what you were getting at! What fun changes for your little family! New home, new addition to the family! So so exciting! Sorry you have not been feeling great, I can only imagine that it will be so worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, that is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YEAH !!! Congratulations to you and your husband. This is such an exciting time...May is the best for babies, my 2nd is May 7 and it was perfect. walks outside no bundling up....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, congratulations Miss AEOT, what incredible news! We're sending lots of good thoughts and smiles your way, and hopes you feel better too!
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! What wonderful news. As I was reading your bits, I kept thinking "good gravy, sounds like she's preggers!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! I have had fun reading your blog and am really happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hands down the most exciting news of the month! I am thrilled to bits for you two and Puddin' will be in my thoughts and prayers!

    xoox

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  17. CONGRATULATIONS! I am definitely looking forward to all of your baby posts to come. I guessed at #5 with getting emotional :). Thank you for letting us follow your little family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!!! Busy, Busy year ahead of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. CONGRATULATIONS! Here's hoping the morning sickness ends soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yay! I am so excited for you and your husband! So many changes for your family all at the same time - what a happy time for all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on the award and congrats about expecting!!! We're here for all of the tmi stories and baby purchases :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful, blessed news! Hope you do feel better soon.
    How exciting and fun to plan. Truly enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OH.MY.GOSH!!!! Congratulations! How exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......