Monday, November 23, 2009

Today I am thankful for.............

chocolate pecan pie.  Seriously, one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth.  The crust was phenomenal, the chocolate didn't completely melt, so it was still slightly chunky, and the pecans added just the right touch.  You simply MUST make this.  I promise, it's not that hard and so worth the results. 

The BEST Chocolate Pecan Pie

I got tons of compliments on all three of the desserts, and my friend L made great pumkin cupcakes.  Friend Thanksgiving was just wonderful!  B ended up getting the whipped cream pie in the face because we're moving away!  It was too funny!!! 


6 comments:

  1. It sounds like they were a big hit with the party-goers Miss Up North, and reading the recipe for the Pecan one I can see why! We hope your week goes well, and things aren't too chaotic with everything going on.

    Sending you a smile,
    tp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are just the most darling little preggo wifey susie-homemaker ever :)

    xoox

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want it I want it I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you're killin' me here. I love pecan pie and chocolate pecan pie.....well that's just even one better. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make something similar around Kentucky Derby time. It's based on the Derby Pie. It's basically a regular pecan pie but you add some bourbon to the filling mixture and add a layer of chocolate chips to the bottom before you pour the filling in. It's the best D--- Thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm sounds yummy! Did you hear it may snow on Thanksgiving?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......