Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Today I am thankful for.......


CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!!!
  It's the city where I have
*made lifelong friends
*met and fell in love with my perfect husband
*ate amazing meals at favorite restaurants
*saw incredible shows (Jersey Boys and Wicked being two of my faves!)
*walked and walked and walked some more
*shopped to my hearts content
*wore winter jackets for wayyyyyy too long
*celebrated summer by attending farmer's markets and drinking at street festivals
*worked at an amazing children's hospital and became a strong, confident nurse
*adopted our precious pup
*earned a graduate degree
*experienced more than I ever dreamed possible in only 8 years



I have so enjoyed the last 8 years here, and I'm experiencing such mixed emotions about leaving.  I'm happy to start a new journey and live in our first home, sad to leave our friends and this great city, scared to leave my current job and start a new one, ready to have more space, and overwhelmed with all the many changes are happening at once.  I'm so glad I was convinced that living here right out of college would be an awesome experience- it definitely was!  I also know that coming back as a visitor will be great because I'll know all the haunts, the neighborhoods, and how easy it is to get to all my favorite shops, restaurants, and attractions. 

I'll miss you, Chi-town!
You'll always hold a huge spot in my heart!!


6 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I love Chicago :) Best city in the world. Best place to live. I'm thankful as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay. Chicago will miss you, too!
    I've seen both Wicked and Jersey Boys in Chicago too...stellar shows!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wouldn't you rather be a bit sad about leaving behind such an incredible place where so many wonderful things happened than not?! here's to the next chapter lovey-dove!

    xoox

    kHm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you all the best in whatever the future holds for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! What a great tribute to an amazing city...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post. I have always wanted to visit Chicago. Maybe this spring!

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......