Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Today I am thankful for..........

Oops......I didn't blog yesterday as I got so caught up in getting "caught up" after my three long days of work.  So two thankful thoughts of the day.....................




1.  I am so thankful for lists.  I love making them, I love checking things off them, I love knowing that at the end of the day, I still have other things to do tomorrow that will make my life productive.  I make packing lists, to-do lists, weekly menu lists, fun lists, wish lists, workday lists, etc.  I know a lot of you out there are list makers too.  Do you think everyone loves lists?  Is it just a female thing?  Do you write them in a notebook, on random scraps of paper, in excel (B is notorious for excel lists!), or in your planner? 



2.  I am thankful that I am an American!  While there is always room for improvement in our country (in any country for that matter!), I adore living here and have never felt a pull towards other places enough to call them home indefinitely.  While I always tell B that living abroad for a few years would be fun (wouldn't London be wonderful for 3-4 years?), I'm so glad that I would always be a citizen of this country and be allowed to come "home".  We are blessed with choices that so many others are not, most of us do not live in fear each day, and our land is abundant with amazing sites, gorgeous natural landscapes, and a widely varied terrain.  Being a large country may mean that the government is "big" but it also blesses us with numerous opportunities and choices.  Today is one where those who have fought for our country should be remembered, prayed for, and lifted up with kindness.  Remember them, remember the flag, and remember the things about America you are grateful for.  In fact, why don't you make that your list of the day??

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic idea for a list! There are thousands of reasons to be thankful for living in America...

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......