Saturday, April 18, 2009

Great Success!!!

We just got back from the Wrigley Start Early 10K!!! B wanted to let everyone know that I ran 10,000,000 millimeters!! That doesn't sound very long- I think 6.2 miles sounds a lot longer! Anyway, I did it! I ran the whole thing without walking and without dying (a feat in and of itself). We completed the race in 1 hr 27 seconds. I'm kind of bummed that it wasn't under an hour, but it was still under 10 minute miles. Per B's Garmin, we tracked it at 6.3 actual miles which put us at 9 min 36 second miles. Not bad for my first race!

Toward the end of this race, the walkers met up with the runners, which was slightly annoying because we had to run around lots of strollers. I don't think it would have changed much, but it was frustrating. It was, however, really cool to see so many people up and at em on a gorgeous Saturday morning and fun to see the dogs that were running with their owners for the 5K. I have doggy fever so badly!!

We're just home and showered, so it's time to get ready for our lunch date!! We're going to sit outside somewhere- it's gorgeous here in Chi town!!

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend. We did take a few pics before and after the race, so if I have time tomorrow, I'll get them up here so you can see me in all my sweaty glory. I'm sure you're dying to see it :)

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you completed it! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congratulations! I haven't done one of those in a quite awhile - it is a haul.

    Good for you!
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGE congrats!! That's awesome!

    We went out to Spacca Napoli last night for dinner and actually sat outside to wait for our table...it was lovely to sit outside and not freeze!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats- 10Ks feel like such a huge accomplishment, don't they?! Rock it like you own it lady- the world is yours! And have a treat you've been craving too :)

    kHm

    ReplyDelete

Things I need to know......